MOST REQUESTED KEYNOTE & WORKSHOP THEMES:
Mary Ann motivates parents, those who work outside of the home and those that work at home, to learn the Art of Being Present - to connect with their children and each other daily, despite the busy-ness, pressures or stresses of their day. She motivates adults to make changes, become better, learn more and love themselves in the process.
Drawing from her personal story of raging, the difficulties of marriage and children who struggled, Mary Ann inspires parents & those that work with them with her authentic, empowering & hopeful perspective on the daunting, sacred work of parenting children and making meaningful connections in life. She gives hope that when you do your best and keep working to improve your best, it will be enough!
Mary Ann speaks with passion and humor to diverse faith communities about loving ourselves and each other and about how to make sure your children get the message that they matter. She shares the conviction that we are responsible for our responses and that anyone can change and that when we believe that we have this power our lives are better. She teaches adults to forgive themselves and others, increase their gratitude and to choose happiness.
Speaking with parents’ groups & community organizations, Mary Ann employs her trademark candor and hope-filled message to encourage people to simplify, increase consistency, let go of blame, be real, and to connect. She helps adults work less on family management and more on family relationships, while still doing what has to be done in a family. These skills and strategies increase the likelihood of stronger, more stable relationships between spouses and children.
She teaches adults how to maximize the everyday events and activities they already have with their children to create moments of Present Parenting, no matter how little time they may have. Her bag of tricks includes touchpoints, random touches, active listening, mini-conversations, Sparks, the Spark Station, play, and being silly and having fun. Learning how to use these tools can even make chore time a connection time.
For speaking/teaching engagements, or to bring Mary Ann to your event, please contact:
Mary Ann Johnson
PARTIAL SPEAKING/TEACHING LIST:
- The Arizona HIP Retreat for Women
- LDS Holistic Conference
- Relief Society Women’s Conference; LDS Haven Ward
- LDS Oregon Home Educators Association Conference
- Hill Air Force Base - Women’s Week
- Taking Control of Our Thoughts Night Class; LDS Nibley Park Ward
- Keystone Education Conference
- Virginia LDS Home Education Association Conference
- Mama Masterminds Parenting Q&A
- Relief Society Women’s Class on Sparks; LDS Kenwood 2nd Ward
- Utah Home Education Association Conference
- Relief Society Women’s Class on Self Reliance; LDS Winder 12th Ward
- Stake Conference Night Event, Self Reliance; LDS Gateway Stake
- Colorado Parents All Day Workshop - Spark Station
- Home Education Council of America Bi-yearly Home School Conference
- Utah LDS Home School Conference
- Luminous Mind Podcast
- Tree of Life In Home Event for Parents
- Hope Haven Events Winter Conference
- Called to Learn Conference
- Home School Coach, LLC All Day Workshops